Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Smudgy Little Paintings






So, I know I rushed in full of spit and vinegar and brazenly declared my possible intention to do a color-study per day and thereby hone my skillz in a productive though unintimidating fashion.
Well, I fell of the wagon and didn't really do ANY.
Until yesterday.
When I did five.
These are the four presentable ones, before tightened up and squeezed out a really shoddy one at the end...lesson: don't force it or get too ambitious. Keep it loose, and keep it simple. Baby steps. Widdle ones.
So that's the way this will go, then...on a 'whenever I feel like it' basis. I actually really like doing these and have periodic longing to just sit and do color-studies! And I know, my color needs work and I need to keep on it.
Anyways, these come from old dreams and visual memories (most of which apparently tend to take place in forests) except for the last one which is the roof opposite my bedroom window yesterday afternoon, which I intend to do more studies of at different times of day..."if I feel like it" :p


Enjoy!

-Nick

2 comments:

baby sister said...

In regards to "lesson: don't force it or get too ambitious. Keep it loose, and keep it simple. Baby steps. Widdle ones."

I like to use the saying K.I.S.S which means Keep it simple, stupid!

Your loving Auntie :D

C.B. Canga said...

really nice work on this blog. i like your style. keep it up.